
Have ya noticed how the blogworld has been inundated with poop stories lately? Over the past few months, I’ve read about poop-eating dogs. "Mommy’s only time to herself" poop. "Husbands who hog the bathroom to poop." "Cherries gone wild" poop. "Our wise yet clueless" poop-talking parents…
Believe it or not, I was mighty content, you might even say RELIEVED to not have anything of real SUBSTANCE to add to this loveliest of lovely subjects. But before that thought made its way into complete fruition, LO, my youngest gave me a poo tale (that has absolutely nothing to do with a tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff) worth sharing. And share I must because I’m desperate for an explanation. Or just empathy. Yes, empathy is a FINE reaction. So, without further A DOO, might I be so humble as to add my crappy tale of despair to the internet. (I apologize in advance if my fingers rebel and decide to quit typing midway.)
Kyra, has WATER-INDUCED poop issues. Now, I know what you’re thinking… someone is probably drinking a wee bit too much water. Cut back on the liquids and VOILA! Zee poop will queet being soooo… how do you say… producteeve?
I. WISH. No, this isn’t water-INGESTION-induced poop. OOOOHH, how I wish it were such a fixable dilemma. This is kinda different. See, I can’t trust this sixteen-month-old precious to sit at the table and eat her breakfast then go get dressed and change her diaper while I wash up. No, she insists on spilling things or running around naked or WAILING at the bathroom door as though I’ve left her for good this time. I decided that mornings could be a whole lot easier on everyone if she joined me in the shower. What I didn’t account for was the REACTION that shower water would have on her digestive system. Upon placing her small, defenseless body into the tub, she immediately starts to squat. GET THIS: the record is four dumps over the course of one thirty-minute shower. Thirty because she wouldn’t let me SHOWER! Now, when compared to other children her age, Kyra falls into the lower percentiles in regard to body weight and height. In other words, she’s itty bitty. So tell me, how something that teeny-tiny can produce so much waste?! If the girl were an automobile, she’d be a VW beetle on the outside with one of those four-wheel-drive king-cab duelly engines on the INSIDE— high input, high output, HIGH toxic emissions. She is NOT fuel efficient.
As you can imagine, after the third time of this happening (yes, I let it go THREE TIMES), I said ENOUGH. And then I had the bright idea of WAITING for her to do her business BEFORE sticking her in the shower with me. “AS IF!” her bowels cackled menacingly. Sure, she pooped beforehand, but she WASN’T done. And might I add here, she’s NEVER quite done.
So the decision had to be made once and for all to NOT shower with Kyra anymore. But, alas, a bath was no better! Suddenly, I’d stick her into a tub of water and, five minutes later, the pooping would commence. This was really a pain in EMMA’S behind. Emma, who is one year older and, therefore, obligated to share bathtub space with Kyra. She was starting to become paranoid, constantly muttering, “Mom, I see poop. Kyra poop. Poopy, Mommy. Look! Look! OH NO!! IT’S POOOOOP!!!!!” Most times, she was just pointing at a bar of soap. But that’s what a couple of doodies floating in the water will do to a person. ESPECIALLY when you can’t even claim them as your own. I was starting to think that I couldn’t let her bathe with her sister anymore.
And then. AND THEN, I left Allan alone with them this past weekend. Sure as shit, he bathed Kyra… WITH EMMA… in a FULL TUB of water… LONG ENOUGH for the pooping to arise, so to speak … and, of course, as you might already have concluded… the girl made a liar out of me. No pooping in the tub occurred. No squatting. No paranoid Emma. Just bathing and tra la la singing. Happy, shiny people splashing and frolicking in the freshly-scented, poopless water.
So what gives??? Allow me to rush over and read your thoughts for you — Obviously, poop does… when YOU are the bather, Catherine. DUH! Actually, ya’ll are so nice. And you have never been known to talk to me like that… despite the fact that true talking never really occurs here. But, quite possibly, in this short span of time (or long, due to the subject matter), it’s already crossed your mind that I should just permanently assign the “bathing small children” task to Allan since he has such good bath-giving juju. I must admit, it is a FABULOUS idea, brimming with hope and cleaner waters. Unfortunately, the dude is gone too much to make it his official job. Crappy, ain’t it... So, it’s back to the thinking chair. My problems might be SOLVED if I could just convince Kyra to sit there.
Monday, August 21, 2006
The obligatory “My child is SO going to hate me for this later” post
Posted by
Catherine
at
3:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Seriously that's my biggest fear. As far as I'm concerned, Snakes on a Plane are nothing compared to Poop in a Bathtub.
ReplyDeleteoh my god, that's the funniest freakin' thing! sounds as though you just had a shitty day - pun way intended!
ReplyDeletehopefully that will be the end of it - oops! another one, get it? END of it? not so good i know, but what the hell.
anyway, good luck with all that!
:)
Bah! Yet another tea-soaked keyboard. You should have a warning up. How's the book coming on?
ReplyDeleteMuppet used to do the SAME DAMN THING! Angel for papa, demon for mama--and they wonder why the post partum depression NEVER GOES AWAY.
ReplyDeleteLOL! Oh Catherine...I haven't even had my second cup of coffee yet...whew.
ReplyDeleteDid he duct tape her bottom before bathing her and just failed to tell you that part?
And that pic!!! So cute!
Poop, poop, poop!
ReplyDeleteWhat in the hell would us Mothers have to talk about if it wasn't for good ol' poop.
Maybe put a potty chair in the bathtub and get her trained while she's at it. Now that would be awesome!!!!!
You know how when you take the dog for a walk, and even though you're out for thirty minutes, the dog still manages to poop and pee on every single mailbox you pass?
ReplyDeleteApparently, that's Kyra. You should be proud.
(Seriously C., I laughed out loud. No, I cackled. Which means that in accordance with the laws of Karma, both of my girls will poop in the tub tomorrow night.)
As I typed, I felt like I was taking a big chance... of repulsing you enough to make you all wash your hands of me for good. So thanks, friends, for appreciating some old-fashioned poop humor.
ReplyDeleteAnd, wow, what a great idea, Marcie. It's worth a shot!
I'm crossing my fingers that Karma pardons you on this one, J. :)
Slowly but surely, Moobs. Polishing, polishing, polishing.
Okay I'm sorry but I'm doubled over laughing here. That shit (pardon the pun) is hilarious.
ReplyDeleteMaybe you should skip the baths and instead just wipe her down with wet wipes? Guess that's not an option huh?
This is the funniest poop post I've read in a while--and I can't get me enough poop posts!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you + water = kiddie pooping problems. he he
(sorry, I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing WITH you. I swear. *snicker*)
Yeah, I was one of those poop posting moms.
ReplyDeleteBack when my stepdaughter was being potty trained she was scared to poop and refused to do it until she literally made herself sick. Her doctor suggested putting her in a warm bath and said that would help. It didn't work for her, but obviously it works for some kids!
I've heard alot of stories about it, but NEVER heard of that. It's funny and dreadfully scary at the same time. Definitely makes you think....aw sh#@ doesn't it? :)
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed it, thanks for sharing, but I always enjoy them all... ;)
I used to laugh at poop-in-the-tub stories. I don't anymore.
ReplyDeletebecause it is not funny.
it is LAME.
I am not a fan of having to cease, mid-bath, and cleanse it, with industrial-strength products, in order to then re-commence with the bathing.
no. nononononono.
I feel your angsty-poo pain, Catherine.
i offer no good advice but to let allan do it. but if he's gone all the time i dont know!!!!
ReplyDelete