Saturday, August 26, 2006

The objects of my ire

OR, the post that screams, CATHERINE NEEDS TO REMOVE HER BUTT FROM THE DESK CHAIR...OR... the post wherein Allan simultaneously cringes and shrugs and says "All right, are you hinting that we need to hire some housekeeping help?" OR... a heads-up to the world that you might not be hearing from me for the rest of the week.

By the way, if you suffer from illness that causes you great stress upon seeing a house in disarray, you might want to move on to a more aesthetically-pleasing blog.

|
|
|
Seriously.
|
|
|
|
This is your last warning.
|
|
|
|
I wasn't kidding.
|
|
|
|
Objects of my ire below
|
|
|
|
\/



We have washing machines and drying machines. Would it kill someone to invent a FOLDING machine??

I spared you the picture of my countertop.


My grandmother used to say rock and roll was the work of the devil. HA! I don't think she ever saw firsthand the evil magical powers of the little plastic toy... They multiply. They find their way into your bed. They even crawl out of the trash can and hide in your closet where you step on them before you've even had enough coffee to see straight.


I manage to surf the 'net and work on my novel with this crapola right next to me. Would it help my case if I told you I have four kids? Maybe? A girl's gotta use the four-kids card when she can.


Lastly, the shoe problem. Enough said, I think.

So, anyway, maybe I'll see you guys before Christmas!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

13 comments:

  1. ha! HAHAHA!
    That? That's nothing. You should see our place, but you can't! It's so frightening the camera breaks every time I try to take a picture.
    hahaha poor Cathy...wanna trade?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your house is like mine, by the time I start at one end of the house and clean the other end is filling up with toys, clothes and shoes. Having kids just does that to you. Just tell yourself you are going for the "lived in" feel. It helps a little bit...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me laugh. And if I had four kids, I'd be playing that four kid card all the day long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reluctant to say this but, um, I haven't seen that few dishes in the sink ever. And we only have one kid. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hiya. remember me? the one who's trying (apparently uselessly) to quit commenting so much? I cannot resist the lure of the comment button. it begs to be pushed. I push. I am here. I must type.

    thank you for making me feel better about being a sloth. you aren't bad, particularly with the oodles of choodles. er, chilluns. yeah.

    p.s. you're a novelist. don't you know novelists simply aren't tidy people? you're only doing your duty by the job title.

    wurd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys... you're lucky to be so out of my reach. Otherwise, I'd be smothering you with kisses, what with your empathy muscles making me all swoony.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No kidding around...Your house looks downright spotless compared to mine. I can actually wood in some of those pictures whereas most of my furniture has become the color of dust and cat hair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Was I supposed to be put off by that? You'll have to try harder.

    And I would be first in line for a folding machine. How about an ironing machine too?

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is no hell like stepping on a plastic character. I have stepped on them for years and sometimes I think it would feel better to wham my feet with a sledgehammer. They should be made with a softer plastic, or either I should just STOP buying them. :)

    Funny post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. my house is in shambles right now too! and i'm the personality type where it grates my nerves to no end. i have this passion for a spotless, precise, settled enviroment. for some reason i just haven't figured out that life keeps moving and therefore the messes never stop! one day when i get my head screwed on straight, i'll be a lot happier! that's my goal - to be happy in a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  11. But seriously, why FOLD the clothes if you're just going to UN-FOLD them to put them on at some point. You know?

    ReplyDelete
  12. the 4 kids card definitely works. i think that we should go with the "less is more" mentality, i say throw the "more" outside and try fire. HA! Good Luck! and seriously, try fire. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't tell anyone I told you this but here is a "man secret". You will find that many bed manufacturers like to lift the mattress from the ground using a "bedstead". If you take your clutter and push it under the bedstead it magically disappears. When your bedstead rises into the air sufficiently that your nose is pressed against the ceiling at night move house.

    ReplyDelete

 
designed by suckmylolly.com