When you presently haven’t the faculties to stop and contemplate the mystery behind your life’s purpose. Or the fortitude to nurture your inner wisdom. Or, at the very least, the good sense God gave you to carefully plan out a couple of answers to questions that may come your way while you attend your very first book fair as an up-and-coming author… you might go out and plant a tree. Well… if you’re me and you just don’t feel like being stressed out. I don’t know who this tenacious young tree planter is with me in this photo (he was one of many students who were helping us plant a living snow fence), but he certainly knew how to dig a mighty fine hole in the dirt. He was also very capable at glopping on the polymer and burying the fertilizer tablet and moving to the next hole in record time. I, on the other hand, was… EH… (*shoulders shrugging*) at holding the tree in place for him. I’ve done better work. <-- PSSST…OUTRIGHT LIE.
Anyway, the real reason I’m writing is to brag about this FANTASTIC early Mother’s Day present I’ve just received from my eight-year-old.

After handing this book to me, along with a deeply touching poem about red roses and blue violets, she came close and whispered, “I think you’re gonna love it, Mom.” As if I had a choice! I mean, LOOK at that cover. Who wouldn’t love a book about a Gigantopus with slimy tentacles?!Actually, I'm very curious to learn who or WHAT an Octa-Loona is?
But little did she know, she wasn’t even done giving me her gifts. Antonia then (very suave and nonchalantly, I might add) proceeded to give me one of the best compliments of my life. And here it is: I’m reading a biography of J.K. Rowling and, you know, she reminds me A LOT of YOU, Mom. (This would be where Mom grabs her heart and tries not to faint.)
Last issue to be addressed in this post: I’ll be NOT computering until the book fair is over sometime Saturday evening, and I’ll be actively celebrating Mother’s Day sometime thereafter… so maybe I’ll see you guys Monday. Meanwhile, to all you rockin’ mommies reading this right now (and anyone else who rightfully should be receiving some nice flowers and/or breakfast in bed on Sunday), may you have the BESTEST Mother’s Day ever.


Good luck with your book faire. How totally exciting! can't wait to hear how it goes.And happy mom's day to you :)
ReplyDeleteI can't be absolutely certain but I think we have an Octa Loona working in our accounts department.
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day.
Moobs
Have a blast with your book faire and bask in he glory of your achievements — the book and the children.
ReplyDeleteYour Daughter wants to share a book with you? That makes my heart melt:) Have fun at the book fair and Happy Mother's day.
ReplyDeletehere's hoping your weekend is fabulous! and happy mommy day to you too!!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the book fair!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm so putting 'Gigantopus' on my reading list.