I have nothing new or interesting or even slightly memorable to add to the internet world today. Not unless you care to hear the top ten reasons why I'm still revising, or about the particulars of Kyra's acute ear infections, or the long list of things I WON'T do this weekend because I'll be too busy revising... NO??
Well, okay. So here are your choices: you can either move on to the next blog... OR... go here. It's a fun Friday activity with prizes... because I want to know what your job is so that I can stereotype you.
Here's mine:
What I say: I am a conservationist
What you might hear: I am a granola-eating, card-carrying Sierra Club member. I live in a tent and worship at the altar of Greenpeace. I’m atheist, by the way. My wardrobe consists of handmade Earth Day t-shirts, a backpack and hiking boots. I recycle everything from coffee grinds to candle wax. I grow my own food, and when I absolutely have to buy provisions from corporate America, it must meet the USDA ORGANIC criteria. But I’m a vegan and thin as floss, so it’s not much of an issue, anyway. I wash my hair in a tub out back, but only twice a month. I choose not to shave. And the use of deodorant goes against everything I believe in. In my spare time, you can find me hugging the nearest tree or flouncing up to Capitol Hill where I lobby for the protection of alfalfa weevils, ringworms, and Leonardo DiCaprio. My transportation mode of choice is a bicycle. And I will probably have to hate you because there’s a better than fair chance you are oil-dependent and/or voted for Bush.
What I say: I work for the government
What you might hear: I’m with the IRS. I’m also with the FBI. I inspect your meat, too. No bones about it, I am here to HARASS YOUR ASS. I am as much fun as an enema and as interesting as the pencil lead I order by the semi-load. I can't bear the thought of working for eight straight hours. “Good enough” is my motto. I graduated with a 2.0 GPA from a state school, and I often contemplate going postal. Yes, I drive a gas-guzzler, and OF COURSE I voted for Bush!
Friday, May 19, 2006
TGIF
Posted by
Catherine
at
1:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


OMG, Catherine that was so funny! Coincidentally, I work for government and am a "conservationist" too so this post was extra funny to me. LMAO.
ReplyDeleteJust goes to show you, don't judge a book by it's cover:)
ReplyDeleteHEY! i've been having that same kinda thing with the comments too, but if you just right click and then open it works fine. hopefully that'll get you through to some of the other people. thanks for your sweetness. i like their eyes too. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the idea - I did it too!
ReplyDeleteAnd I loved yours. The dichotomy was hilarious.