Monday, May 01, 2006

Blog-Neglect Excuses 98-103

To anyone who has visited my blog over the last week: My deepest apologies. I'd also like to thank you, not just for coming back to check if I’d posted something new, but also for kindly not leaving me nasty-grams about how I needed to post something ELSE already, maybe something with a nice picture of a SANDWICH, if only for the sake of visiting me in peace, without having to endure the steady glare of an evil-eyed Bozo wannabe clawing his way into your computers. I’m terribly sorry you had to stare into the eyes of Pennywise for so long… but let me just say that my blog-neglect was completely justified. Aside from the fact that I was trying to perfect my latest and greatest revising venture, and besides the fact that I was trying to learn a thing or two from that creepy clown of yesteryear, I was busy not noticing how my oldest children have outgrown everything and suddenly needed larger dress shoes and a nice tie and new opaque white little-girl tights. Meanwhile, I realized that I needed a new purse and a brown belt and some Cool Frost Dentyne Ice. And then I was busy driving through a freak late-April snow storm with the wind howling and the icicles falling and the roads closing in. But before that, I HAD to celebrate “Take Your Child to Work Day,” which entailed hauling Antonia to work with me and showing her how to take soil temperatures and driving her around fields of dead alfalfa and say things like, “Yep. That’s dead all right.” And then we had to take pictures of potatoes getting planted, and then we had to eat lunch together at my favorite place and then, of course, we eventually had to come back to the office and make a trip report for her show-and-tell the next day. I won’t even get into the details about how Toni's First Holy Communion business kept me from blogging, and how a nun who makes Pennywise seem like an ornery puppy held us hostage for hours and hours. Ugh. I’ve said too much. But the blog was obviously neglected, and SOMETHING needed to be said about it.

So!!! As a thank you gift to all my blogger buds out there who’ve been tortured by the continual sight of an ‘80s clown, I am giving you this: A chance to win a signed, free book by showing what a fantabulous blogger you are. Details are in the link. Have fun!!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

  1. i think you live to torture me. that fucking poster is so scary i had to stop clicking to see if you updated BECAUSE I WON"T BE ABLE TO SLEEP AT NIGHT. thank the goddess you posted something else. ANYTHING else. LMFAO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sounds like you've been busy! I thought the need for shopping alone was a good enough excuse to take the time off from blogging. :)

    Glad you're back.

    And thanks for the linky love on your sidebar. I am honored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah dude. Penny wise freaked me the hell out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wait was worth hearing about a nun that makes pennywise look like an ornery puppy. Sounds like a post unto its self.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so good to see you're back! i was wondering where you were. now i know. ps thanks for the sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too have been suffering from blog neglect. It just GNAWS at you, don’t it? I’m tempted to hire a ghost-blogger. Do they have those for hire?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ya'll are so sweet. And, Sweatpantsmom, you addressed your blog-neglect issues SO much better that I ever could. Damn, but you're good, woman. I'll let you know if I find a good ghost-blogger for hire.

    ReplyDelete
  8. From what I've heard, you need a month off from work just to prepare for a First Holy Communion. Us Catholics, lapsed or otherwise, are very big on ceremonial celebration.

    Thanks for the note of congratulations! I'm pretty pumped I survived.

    ReplyDelete

 
designed by suckmylolly.com