Friday, May 05, 2006

Spiders and foxes and meanies, OH MY!

I wasn't going to post tonight, I wasn't. I was (am) bone tired from driving for seven hours through fog and rain and snow and from the stress that comes from noticing a spider crawling up your arm (while trying to swerve around the nervous mountain sheep on one side of the road and a fox eating roadkill somewhere in the middle and an elk family reunion on the OTHER side of the road) and then realizing I was going, like, seventy when the speed limit was actually somewhere in the 45 mph arena. But the spider!! It was distracting!! And somehow I took my frustrations out on the gas pedal because the spider wouldn't fly out the window that I opened!! My knuckles are STILL white and clenched, making it very hard to type. But I made the mistake of stopping by MOM101. I say it was a mistake, because her most recent post compelled me to blog when I told myself that I COULD NOT. WOULD NOT. SHOULD NOT do it... the knuckles still clenched and all. But it hit so close to home. And I realize it's late, and I'm tired and I'm overusing parentheses and exlamation points and the CAPS LOCK button (I think I do that anyway), but I just had to post to say GO VISIT HER, and read it if you haven't already. She addresses internet cruelty SO much better than I would have, could have, SHOULD have.
*yawwnnn*
Good night. And happy weekend.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

  1. omg, there should be a law against spiders, bees, etc on you while you're trying to drive! it's just not right!!!! i just read mom101's post before i came here. have a good nights sleep and a rocking weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would wreck the car if a spider was crawling up my arm. Two posts in one week! Catherine, I'm in shock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm off to Mom101. I was just there but saw a post on babies. I think I need to scroll down for the other one. Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thanks for this! I'd love to hear more of your own take on it. I thought the comments and analysis were so interesting. Ah, if only the whole world were like us--wouldn't things just be perfect?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can atest to the spider thing with marcie. i have a really great story if you wanna hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me, too, Marcie! ;)I love those moments of inspiration.

    Mom101, you and the women you linked to and the comments you received said it all... I'd just be beating a dead horse. An ugly dead horse at that. You all did fantastic.

    And Cameo, I'm ALWAYS up for a good spider-on-the-arm story!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Catherine, that's why I'm not allowed to drive in the mountains. I keep looking at the scenery, while Kyle shrieks, "Watch the ROAD!" If I found a bug on me, we'd all go over the edge.

    Loved Mom-101s post. There's simply no need for the rotten way that people treat one another.

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg i would have passed out from the spider. you woulda found me on the side of the road with my wrecked car and the spider still on my arm

    ReplyDelete

 
designed by suckmylolly.com