Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Poor House

$1.2 trillion in market value was erased from American equities yesterday, according to Bloomberg. One point two TRILLION DOLLARS. Trying to wrap my mind around that figure takes a higher pay grade than I'm receiving. So instead of butchering the subject and confusing myself, I will direct you to a loosely related post I wrote for Mile High Mamas today. LOOSELY, as in fourth, fifth, maybe sixth cousins to the funked up economy story. I mention words like POOR, PITTANCE, SIDE JOB, and CHILD LABOR... as bragging points. I really had to stave off the demon in me that was BEGGING to write a post about how LOATH I am for my children to have too much electronic CRAP. Electronic crap is really cool. But I have no use for those children that have three Wiis and five Playstations and ten Gameboys and two iphones and four personal laptops and maybe even tiny microchips in their eyeballs that give them extrasensory peripheral vision indicating when someone is touching one of their things thereby making them scream "WWAAAAHHH! I'm telling!!"

DOWN, DEMON, DOWN.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

 
designed by suckmylolly.com