I will be honest: I haven't worked on TAOAP for four days now. It was ludicrous of me to think I could get away with completing a 400-page novel before the arrival of autumn. There are only so many days that you can neglect your stinkin' toilets and your childrens' need for help with their math homework and your husband's need for help with... the yard. Sometimes "yardwork" trumps the writing thing which, let's face it, has really been the tearing-apart-chapter-eight-because-I-can't-make-it-flow thing. In times like this, yardwork serves as a nice little respite. Okay, sometimes it's quite a lengthy respite.
ANYWAY, blogging falls somewhere around #4,692 on the list of things to accomplish in those special times when I am not noveling, especially when I am slowly losing my mind over stuff as irksome and galling as polls and the fact that places like Katrina-devastated LOUISIANA are still showing up as a red state on projection maps. Come on, Louisiana, what gives?
Needless to say, I have nothing but drivel to add to the already-saturated-with-politics Internet right now. Nothing but vitriolic and cynical DRIVEL. And mouth-dropping language. As you can see with your own eyes, my attitude can only be translated as divisive.
So I will spare you the cussing and discussing. Besides, it falls somewhere around #9,158 on my list of priorities. And what can I possibly say that hasn't been said by the likes of Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Campbell Brown? And we all know that I'm not supposed to be blogging, anyway, not until I've written somewhere in the neighborhood of 65,000 words total. Which I anticipate happening sometime before Obama is running for his second term.
Nevertheless, while I'm not blogging or discussing politics, I'd be happy to lead you to some articles that handle the subject of who should hold the nuclear codes with much more couth and/or humor than I ever could. Voila! In case you don't get feeds to every political opinion out there like I do.
There
is
plenty
out
there
for
you
to
READ.
Seriously.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Because I stalk the Internet like a sociopathic ex-boyfriend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
These next few weeks are not, NOT a good time to be trying to iron out the bugs of Chapter 8!! There is just too much going on to concentrate on real life, Cathy!!
ReplyDelete