Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A guest post from my daughter Antonia

I had asked my daughter to write me a guest post WEEKS ago. I had already given up hope that she was game. And then today she gave me the following post wherein she rats me out as someone who has a hard time allowing her children to formulate their own political opinions.

"Come on Obamanos... everybody let's go come on let's get to it I know that we can do it!"

My name is Antonia, the first of four children. Being the oldest isn't always easy, you have more responsibilities and you can't get away with anything that your younger siblings can.

Anyways, enough about me. You are all probably wondering what the song at the top is all about. Am I right? Well if you don't already know my mom is a TOTAL Barack Obama fanatic. She checks the polls everyday and she is always anxious about if he is going to win or not. Anyways, the other day she got a bumper sticker that said, " OBAMANOS! "
When we were driving home from Nino's (the restaurant we ate at that night) the Dora theme song popped into my head.

Well my point is, my mom's love for Barack Obama affects me in a lot of ways. For example: The other day in school we were talking about politics. One person would represent McCain,and one person would represent Obama. One of the girl's reasons for representing McCain was because Obama sounded like "Oh bomb us." Yeah, most of her reasons were pretty lame. That's when I realized that there were more reasons to vote for Obama as opposed to McCain. Here are my (non lame) reasons: #1 He will not tax the middle and lower class. #2 McCain voted with Bush 90% of the time, and voting with McCain would be like voting for Bush again. #3 WE WANT CHANGE!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more with Antonia. And I promise my household will now be singing "Come on, Obamanos!" to the Dora melody day in and day out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm too old to know the Dora theme, but Toni, you are right on in your thinking. May I give you another fact?



    There was an editorial in my local (Ruidoso, NM) newspaper recently from a military veteran who did some research and found that: "In the previous Republican-controlled 109th Congressional session, McCain supported veterans 20 percent of the time, while Obama was with vets on 80 percent of the votes." This means that while McCain brags that he is a veteran, he does not do things that are helpful to other veterans, many who do not have the financial resources that he does and who really, really need those services.

    Antonia, you are one smart little cookie! (Even if your mom has influenced your thinking!!! It's a good thing!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toni! What a wonderful posting! Its hard not to influence your children's thinking, but in this case, I think your mom is totally right! Love you! Auntie Lizzie
    OBAMA 08!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom must be so proud, Toni. What a smart and beautiful girl you are! Can I adopt you? Actually, your whole family seems so cool. Maybe I will just move in :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tonia,

    I love you. I think you are brilliant. You write better than some of my students-really. I'll give you reason number 4: if you watched the debate you could get a sense of someones character; McCain was arrogant and disrespectful the ENTIRE time. This type of person is not a true leader. Kudos to you baby girl. Love, Auntie Nini

    ReplyDelete
  6. tonia,
    you want to date my son?
    he's 12. super cute. talented. smart. and an obama fan too.
    i'm thinking it might be a good match.
    seriously!
    keep thinking critically dear one. it's a very attractive feature to have. brains rock! using them well rocks harder!
    catherine,
    keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that term Obamanos! Go Obama! I am with ya on being obsessed with poll checking and just praying this will soon be over before I get an ulcer.

    You did a good job on your guest post baby girl!

    ReplyDelete

 
designed by suckmylolly.com