"Do we have tools?"
"Tools?"
"Yeah, tools."
Blink. Blink.
"I don't need the whole set. Just a screwdriver."
"I'm not sure we have a screwdriver."
"We don't have a Phillips screwdriver in this building?"
"Well... Maybe."
"This is a TECHNICAL field office, right?"
"Technically, yeah."
"So people kind of do hands-on work out in the FIELD and occasionally need to FIX stuff?"
Blink. Blink. "How about we look around and see if we accidentally find one?"
"This is interesting. I worked in an office once where I was surrounded by nothing but well-dressed women who spent their days typing memos, filing paperwork, answer phones, taking messages.... that sort of thing. Even THEY had a toolbox with a screwdriver in it."
"Oh look, here's a soil probe. You need a soil probe??"


Did you show him where to insert that soil probe? I woulda...
ReplyDeleteSure, I can use a soil probe. Send it to me!
ReplyDeleteShould of sent him to the nearest bar. They have screwdrivers there :)
ReplyDeleteOur tool set at the office is PINK. 6 pink tools in a pink case. We call them the Barbie tools.
ReplyDeleteI guess that's what happens in a company owned by women.