Thursday, August 09, 2007

It's my blog and I will meme if I want to

Children were away this week, and the THUNDEROUSLY deafening quiet around here really made for great writing opportunities as I fended off the beast within that suddenly wanted to handscrub the toilets and iron dish towels while finishing that crossword puzzle I've been working on for a millenia. What can I say, I'm a demented procrastintor who loves to write and yet finds any and every excuse NOT to write because god forbid I enjoy myself so much that I actually die of elation.

So I did. I wrote. I wrote and wrote and wrote like a kid at the blackboard after having just gotten caught with a dirty joke hanging out his mouth. And then I got tired and did some research on Thomas Jefferson and SOMEHOW ended up at this site where I copied a meme because I hadn't done one of those in awhile and... isn't it, like, a rule that we bloggers endow the world with a meme once every six months or something?? I thought so. So here's mine taken from the lovely Darren Barefoot from Vancouver:

What is your favorite word? Asshat (because isn't that such a funny word? You know, maybe that's actually two words.)

What is your least favorite word? Oops (because it's rarely funny)

What turns you on? An adroit vocab. Witticisms. Confidence.

What turns you off? Narcissism turns me off. (As a blogger doing a meme, I should say there's only room enough for one narcissist here)

What sound or noise do you love? My coffee brewing

What sound or noise do you hate? Any sound or noise loud enough to wake me from a deep sleep in the middle of the night

What is your favorite curse word? See number one. I also like Chingao! which my dad is liable to shout if he stubs his baby toe on the coffee table.

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? House flipping

What profession would you not like to do? Alaskan King Crab Fishing. Thanks, Discovery Channel.

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? What, are you kidding me?? OF COURSE we have a wet bar.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

  1. Oh MY! When I'm home alone I iron dish towels too!!!! And then I move right along to sheets and pillow cases. ;)

    I couldn't do the Alaskan King crab thing either. Or have anything to do with diamond mining OR getting them their supplies. (Ice Road Trucker show) I'm too scarified.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with you on the turn-ons and turn-offs. And hey, I just tagged you for a meme, but now I found out you've just done one. Do I have to wait six months?
    http://trudymorgancole.wordpress.com/2007/08/09/that-literary-meme/

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Narcissism turns me off."

    Now I am rethinking my blog name.

    House Flipping! One more thing we have in common.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Scarified"... that may very well be my new favorite word, Shopper.

    YAY! Another meme!! Coming over to check it out directly, Trudy.

    And don't you dare change your blog name, Annie! I don't consider bloggers narcissists. Generally speaking, we all give and support and reach out and come up with clever titles such as Anniethology. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking for a template for my blog. I need help applying it...any hints? I found your blog through your comments on a template page.

    deidrasmith25@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that lists of questions. I first heard it on that tv show, Actor's Studio, I think it's called. My least favorite sound-those damn motorcycles that have had their muffles removed so it is so loud it hurts. Wet bar in heaven-I hope so too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am with you on that coffee brewing sound. You've got a great list there and the last two cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete

 
designed by suckmylolly.com