While many a person on Colorado's front range were trouncing around in a dream around 4:30 Monday morning, I was peering dreary-eyed at a buzzing alarm clock and wondering where the hell I was. But, really, only for about two or three seconds. And then it came to me as surely as my bladder's assertion that it needed to be emptied. I was at the cozy House of Mothergoosemouse. In a bed that was WAY TOO comfortable to remove myself from so early in the day... or latter part of the night, if you prefer. But remove myself I needed to do... what with the bladder bitching and all. The desk I had to report to in 3.5 hours was nagging as well (in a way that was audible only to that mouse turning the wheels deep in the nethers of my brain, but nagging nonetheless!). So I fumbled for the light, found the bathroom, searched my overnight bag for a toothbrush to no avail, made the bed, put my wedgies back on and tip-toed out of their beautiful home as quietly as I possibly could.
I've only now just caught my breath long enough to report back on my jaunt to the greater Denver region. But still haven't gotten my crap together well enough to form coherent thoughts, so bear with me if you will.
First, I apologize for not having a picture one. But I was so busy trying to get to know the Mile High Mamas better that I all but forgot about the camera nestled somewhere between a checkbook and a pocket knife under my eyeglasses, near the breath mints... in my purse. Therefore, I have no photographic documentation of Aimee's neighbors potentially having a naked wrestling match down the street. Nothing recorded to give our parents and co-workers heart attacks and sharp pangs of humiliation. Although there IS a couple of head shots at Aimee's blog to mark the event. Aimee, the serene professional that she is, moved quickly and made me feel SO relaxed that I utterly forgot about the bee attempting to hold court over us for the duration of our visit. As a testament to how good she is, my son saw my picture and said, "Wow! How come you look so young??"
Let's see... what else can I say that hasn't already been said since I'm always AT LEAST a day behind in my posting? Well, I officially want to be a Denverite now. And not just because I'd be within a half hour's distance of a Target. Or because I could see this and be back home before bedtime. No, it's because I didn't have enough time to get to know these kind, funny, hospitable women nearly as well as I'd like to have. I only got a small sampling of how unbelievably well-behaved everyone's children are, how totally attentive everyone's husbands are, and how LITTLE my fellow MHM bloggers convey about how fantastic they are. All this and I didn't even get to meet everyone! So here's hoping someone comes up with great justification to all get together again soon. I'm in Denver again next month. Just sayin'.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
P.S. Thank you
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I'm so glad that you made the trip, and it was an honor to have you stay with us, even for such a short time.
ReplyDeleteI would love to see you the next time you're in Denver. You know how to reach me...and I live right by a SuperTarget!
You are the bomb, lady!
ReplyDeleteAnd *EVERY* time you are in Denver, you must call me!
Ahh, thats so cool. I want to meet some of my blogger buddies sometime soon. I have yet to meet one in RL yet. I have to say I am so jealous!
ReplyDeleteI've never cared for Denver, even when my parents and 2 brothers lived there, BUT I commiserate about living close to civilized shopping. Uh, that is another name for Target!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great time! But don't forget the camera next time.
I'm always up for a naked wrestling match!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had fun!