Exciting News has been scratching at my blog's door just begging to be let out for about THREE MONTHS now. I've let it whine and whimper, nervously wagging its happy stump of a tail because Exciting News sometimes has this annoying way of yelling, "SIKE!" and then running back into the house and taking a nap over by my slippers just as I'm about to let it loose. Or worse, sometimes Exciting News morphs into Bad News shortly after I open the door. Even worse, it sometimes becomes Non News. I have plenty of Non News already. I don't need Non News cleverly disguised as Exciting News running around relieving itself all over this place. So I've made Exciting News sit on its haunches as I watch it carefully for signs of mutation. It didn't mutate. Not yet. Maybe, JUST maybe... it won't. Even now as I type, Exciting News sits sweetly here by my side... one can almost see a halo hovering over its gentle head as it readies itself to bolt at my command. Still. I don't trust it. But I'm going to be brave. This is me... slowly opening the gate... and letting Exciting News have a nice run as I shut my eyes and hope for the best:
The Denver Post is launching a parenting blog called Mile High Mamas, and they've invited me to be a contributor. I believe it is becoming an official, operating, highly popular site next month.
In all seriousness. I know everything will be fine. I know that these charming ladies and gent won't sneer and jeer at my hot-pink sweatpants that advertise how JUICY I am. They won't audibly cackle at my platform heels, the ones with the fish tanks underneath. They are good people . Anyone who can wear wedge heels and lounge pants while vacuuming out their car in the driveway is my kind of people. I know I will fit in like a chihuahua in Paris Hilton's purse. Speaking of being carried around, Julie has agreed to tote me along with her family to the soirée and loan me a place to rest my dizzy head when it's all over. That alone makes this thing worth the four-hour drive from here to there.
So the next time I post, it will probably be with pictures and a hangover, god willin' if the crick don't rise. Sorry. Colorado is slowly rubbing off on me.


I don't have any kids but I have engaged in in-flight trans-Atlantic shenanigans...can I be a Mile High Mama!?! ;)
ReplyDeleteIn an uncharacteristic moment of seriousness, congrats! That's supercalifragilistic! (Expialidocious.) Enjoy your blogmeet and report back soon!!
Congratulations. It sounds like a fun thing to be involved in. Don't be nervous about meeting fellow bloggers. I don't know what it is, but they are always fun, especially if they are other women. You will have a blast.
ReplyDeleteI finally get to meet you! I just might pee my pants - which would complete my outfit, don't you think?
ReplyDeleteWhat fun that sounds like! Congratulations! Just don't forget those of us who can't vacuum while wearing wedge heels and lounge pants, those of us who aren't having a tryst with Colorado, those of us who aleady wait with bated breath for your posts, *we* will be here ... quietly waiting.
ReplyDeletesniffle....
But you have fun, now, OK?
;-) giggle
You know, they sound like good people. You are going to be a star! Congratulations....they made the right choice with you!
ReplyDeleteI say we ALL call ourselves MHMs, Gringa.... trans-Atlantic shenanigans or not... because why not, ya know?! From what I've heard, the Denver Post was very, shall we say, CONCERNED with the name we gave ourselves. I guess they decided to have a sense of humor. ;)
ReplyDeleteIf you don't, I will, J!
Forget you, Lyn?? Never.
Thanks, Linda and Deana!!!
Waving from near downtown! Can't wait! Should be fun (and my inner geek is kind of excited too!)!
ReplyDeleteCan you believe I live in central Denver and although a "few" of my friends blog...none are "hard-core" like me!
Can't wait to see you!
Mary-Frances
Is it too early to call and say how much I love you?
ReplyDeleteBecause you, my dear, are freaking awesome, and it was so great to me you.
:)
Pictures downloading as I type.
See, I am so excited I didn't proofread.
ReplyDeleteIt was so great to MEET you.
I have no idea what it means to ME you.
Congrats on the gig. Good luck with the meetup.
ReplyDeleteI just saw your pics! You are way too cute. I just want to pick you up and put you in my pocket.
ReplyDeleteI'm sad that I had to flake out.