Monday, September 04, 2006

The Rest of the Story, with apologies to Paul Harvey

First of all, my apologies if I have ventured out into your blog and left incoherent comments. I swear, I meant well. Now that revisions are over, I have been mired in that sticky bog otherwise known as EDITING. I have also been taking the occasional break and looking for someone to say hi to. But I’m pretty sure I’ve just been going out into the world and making an ass of myself. If I haven NOT visited you recently, THANK THE GODS. You would only have been left wondering how to nicely ask me to cut back on the crack.

My last post, for example. Have you ever started writing about something as innocuous as, say, your favorite cheese? And before you know it, you’ve written a post about World War II army soldiers and the homemade cheese from grandpa’s farm that they must have missed so much whilst in the trenches?? If so, then we have something in common. All I wanted to tell ya’ll was that my kid conquered the potty, and it turned into another beast altogether. I suppose I had things I needed to get off my chest. But if I planned on sharing some things, I should have shared the whole story. For example, it might help you all to know that I don’t have my two older children 24/7. Unfortunately, I only have them every other week. So I’m ONLY a single parent to FOUR children HALF the time. The other half, I’m wishing I was a single parent to four children. Except that I'm not really single. Nor do I wish to be. See my last post if you're the least bit confused.

My history with Allan and how we ended up where we are now is a bit like the history of the Middle East in that I can’t really sum it up in a paragraph, much less a soundbite. Maybe I'm just wordy and tired, and unable to explain anything in simple terms right now. But believe me when I say that I tried! The only way I can think to tell our complicated love story without abdicating the names of destructive forces along with my husband’s cherished privacy, is to tell it through fiction. Which is happening! SOON after this first novel comes out. Which looks to be sometime in April!!

But, yes, work has us living apart. And, thankfully, it’s temporary. In fact, I’m kind of hoping to make a fortune on Rosetta Stones to expedite Allan’s coming-home process. Hey, a girl can dream.

Anyway, thank you, lovely blogger friends, for your concern and well wishes. And I promise to not blog/comment under the influence of sleep-deprivation again... All right, maybe promise is too strong a word. I'll TRY. Pinky swear.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

14 comments:

  1. Ooo April! I'm booking a day off work to read the thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now I'm worried because I understand you!

    I'm waiting (im)patiently for the release date. I know you'll keep us posted, and we will all run out to buy several copies for the "bring him home" fund!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No explanation or otherwise required. Just an autograph when your book comes out and I buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget to post an order form on your blog so us loyal readers can get an advance copy. Oh, and an invitation to the big lavish book party will not be turned down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I agree with the rest. Please let us have an oppurtunity to purchase an advance copy. I will even play more for a signed one :)

    I hope you get a chance to catch up on your sleep even though you seem wonderful either way...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I trust pinky swear.

    :D

    Maybe you need to stop by to my blog and give your comment so I know how incorehent.

    Have a nice blogging life...

    BTW, Congrats for the novel! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rosetta Stones...I think that's the first time I heard the title. I'm intrigued already. Is this a place? A person? I can't wait for the release! I can't believe I know a real author! I am so excited to read it.

    (ooh, i'm sounding a bit like Kathy Bates in Misery...be afraid, be very afraid...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey I wrote about condrete boobies today and I don't even have an excuse.

    Also, I can't wait to read Rosetta Stones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck editing your novel. I hate editing and often edit a piece of fiction to death. You've gotta know when to take a break and stick your neck out into the fresh cyber air and say hi to all your blogging pals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Catherine, I'm always thrilled to read your comments! Honestly, don't you dare censor yourself with me ('cause I'm screwed in the head, sister and understand, mm-kay?)!

    Good luck with the edits! And I'll look forward to reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm going to bed, wanna join me?
    oh, that sounded so NOT like i meant it!
    okay, i think i get it now! this is one of those incoherent comments you were talking about.
    got it.
    and now i've joined the ranks of exhausted mama's.
    i'm stopping now.
    night!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll have to go back and check those comments you've left....:)

    The ba story was so sweet. I hope everything is ok. (I am having trouble mis-reading tonite and actually thought it said a girl and her bra. Yes, I'm nuts.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. sign me up for about twenty copies of your book so as to assist in the makin-a-fortune dream, and get that man living in your house full-time.

    (also, b/c I can't wait to READ YOUR BOOK!!)

    (also, shut UP about being strange in your comments - you were nice and lovely and sweet and friendlicious, at least when you dropped 'round my place.)

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

 
designed by suckmylolly.com