I’ve obviously been away from my blog for more than a week now. Life, man… she’s cutting into my blogging time like a gum-chewing, cell-phone talking, gameboy-playing, poofy-haired eighteen-year-old back in the days of the long, college financial aid office lines. Remember those days?? On second thought... Nobody but doctors and pimps carried a cell phone in my neck of the woods way back then. And what the hell was a gameboy in 1990?! I’ll tell you what it was: it was a 13-year-old kid who was pasty from lack of sun and cross-eyed from too many years spent with his nose five inches away from the screen of a 19-inch. Okay, maybe even poofy hair was on the downslope. Although there was definitely gum-chewing!
But back to Life. If you’re the kind of person who’s experience with her is such that images of Hello Kitty or Mrs. Doubtfire come to mind when you think of her, then forgive me if I offend. But Life carries quite a different icon in this warped mind. Although it might just be the bugs and drugs but, at this particular moment, she reminds me of one of my favorite childhood family pets. A fluffy, runt-of-the-litter Chow Chow. A bitch, to be sure. Mom bequeathed her the name Yoko... totally meant as a compliment to the dog. But anyway, Yoko was the biggest diva this world has ever borne in the canine faction. It’s true, she was a demanding pain in the ass. Moody. Finicky. Pompous as all get out. Lay your hand on her back and suddenly she was playing Limbo, trying to get out from beneath you without any physical contact. Hands off the fur! No touchy the fur!! BUT… nobody could lick my wounds better than she could. Nobody watched my back with such devotion. And nobody surprised me with love and affection when I least expected it that way that she did. She was like life! Or maybe high school cheerleaders. Either way, you wanted to kick her to the curb one minute, the next she’s your BFF.
Anyway, now that my children are finally coming off of
Voila! A tiny snipplets of my joy because, to be honest, I’m not even sure if it’s okay to share this yet:
“… very genuine… impressed…wonderful insights… pulled me in... I was taken in by the emotions…”
I know it's not the clearest picture I’ve ever painted; I left out quite a lot of words. But I was COMPELLED to share this with you, my favorite people in this place called the blogworld. Because it makes me SO HAPPY. And I’m SICK and have NOTHING of value to blog about. Because blogging takes a certain amount of thought, at least it does for me. And thinking is bad, bad, bad right now. PAINFUL even.


Wow, comments on a book. I'm cetainly impressed. Maybe alot of us bloggers hope to be published one day. I'm one of them. You should be very proud. Now, go fix yourself a hot toddy and be good to yourself.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your review. As an avid reader of your blog, I can't say I surprised. You win me over every post.
ReplyDeleteTake care of yourself and try to get some rest. Hope you feel better soon.
I loved this post. It's writing like yours, even in a blog post from a writer who claims that blogging is not her forte, that reminds me that I'm out of my league.
ReplyDeleteI'm thrilled to hear about the complimentary reviews of the book. I'll be even more thrilled when I get my hands on a copy myself!
Screw the meme, hon. You got a good review! Holy zipper stickers Batman, that rocks!
ReplyDeleteI was totally feeling sorry for you upon reading about your fever and then I got to the book review part....holy moly I'm SO happy for you!! I can't wait to read the book myself!! You rock.
ReplyDeleteGo Catherine! Go Catherine!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited about your glowing review! Hope you feel better soon. I've been sick twice since all the kids went back to school. It's hard to avoid when you live with four little germ carriers.
P.S. I'm naming the the next dog I get Yoko. Love it!
A good review is a wonderful thing, and yours sounds terrific. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteFinancial aid lines....blahhhh. I remember those well. I'm hoping they helped to build character...:)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the review. I like reading here, so I hope I get to read it in the future! Keep us updated! Way to go! :)
Life is one, by the way! ;)
That is so awesome!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to read it...any closer to a published date?
PS. I totally remember when only drug dealers carried pagers. Those were the days.
please get better soon, honey doll.
ReplyDeleteain't nothing worse than being sick as a parent, is there.
grleah.
sending you feeling-better-y thoughts, and some hugs, and a few sticky, sugary pieces of candy. your favorite, of course.