Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Green and white all over

At six o'clock this morning, I saw a baby albino deer just down my street as I was driving to work. He was as wobbly-legged as Jonah first thing in the morning and, I'm guessing, less than a week old because I've never seen this deer in the neighborhood before. Truly, I kind of know the deer in my neighborhood. There's the mama deer with the curious twins. And the teenage deer that looks like he got in a fight with a lawn mower. And then there's the RIGHTEOUSLY INDIGNANT deer that doesn't want anybody grazing within ten feet of him, dammit. Sure, there's lots and lots of other nameless, faceless deer, but my long-winded point here is that you don't run across WHITE deer very often. Actually, my REAL point is to say that when I saw this white deer at the crack of dawn, closely guarded by his mother and feeding on my neighbor's newly greening fescue, I felt like I'd seen something rare and precious, like my children washing dishes for the fun of it. And, inadvertently, it made me remember to blog and share some of my recent joy.

I have many, many things to be happy about at this moment. But the biggie is that we are now in Phase GREEN. Do you hear that, Internet? I can quit blogging about water! Now I can go back to blogging about all things insignificant, like the gremlins that overtook my home last week and how they mysteriously killed my hair dryer. And then they made it to where my garage door would only close AT NIGHT. They also made the CHECK ENGINE light blink frantically in my sedan until I finally had to take it to the dealership where I was told that I needed a brand new COMPUTER. The gremlins then caused Jonah to miraculously DESTROY the deadbolt of my front door. They even possessed my ten-year-old to act like she was 13 and a HALF for four long and arduous days of my life. GREMLINS, I tell you. I must continue to blame these mischievous creatures because the alternative means that the universe was conspiring to shower me with trials and tribulation. And who needs that headache.

The good news, though, is that I do believe the gremlins have been exterminated because everything broken has been restored, replaced, or rebuked. OR, maybe the gremlins just got tired of my whining about the water and (very wisely) decided to blow this Popsicle stand. But, as I mentioned, the water topic is history because we are now as green and gormy as an apple-flavored snow cone in the hot, hot summer sunshine.

Next order of happy business: If I remember correctly, I was going to post pictures of the note cards from Shannon that I received from the PIF project. And then I proceeded to forget. Luckily, though, I remembered just in time. You see, they were SO BEAUTIFUL and now, I only have three left. So before the rest of the cards find good homes and then there's nothing left to photograph... Voila! Here's the picture of my lovely note cards made by Shannon:




Last bit of good news: Aimee has initiated this really cool Earth Day project wherein YOU, yes, YOU can make a huge contribution to this planet by bidding on my (and other) children's incredibly gorgeous art. Basically, you need to become a member of Flickr. (NOTE: Very easy.) THEN, you leave a comment at MY (or other) children's art. The comment should say something like, "I bid five bucks. And oh how cute!!" By the way, bidding starts at five bucks. The money goes directly to the We Can Solve It Project, and for more details, such as how to participate in this thing, go see Aimee for details. So friends and family members lurking around these humble parts (I know you are out there!!), PLEASE blow up my children's egos just a little bit more with a small bid for their artwork. (Pssst... there just MIGHT be a bottle of wine in my cabinet with your name on it. Just sayin'.) Right now I only have Toni's art up, but I'm hoping to have more before the deadline so keep checking for updates!

P.S. Happy 90th Birthday, Grandpa!!!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

  1. Maybe Gremlins are the perpetrators...maybe it's the albino dear!!

    Happy Phase Green!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't!! I meant AREN'T! (Sheesh...see what happens? I stop blogging for TWO WEEKS and I can't even write a decent comment!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so glad the cards have been useful! What a great art auction! I must go check it out! Thanks Catherine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Catherine, I'm SO sorry. Those gremlins used to live at my house, but once the kids all moved out, I booted them. Didn't mean for them to wander to your place. Aren't they the pits? Do you suppose they were the cause of your 10 yo --> 13-1/2 year old challenge? I've been convinced those gremlins can infiltrate small bodies.

    An albino deer! How cool! Something very exceptional. And, of course, you don't ever have the camera with you at those times, right? Wouldn't that have been a treasure??

    And I'm glad your water is green again. giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phase green! Yayyyy! I've been driving down guilt street thinking of you lately. It seems like every day I forget my water bottle on my desk. Because I'm paranoid someone has done something to it, I throw it out the next day. Now I can throw it out guilt free. (I should just drink the entire bottle before I go home.)

    ReplyDelete

 
designed by suckmylolly.com