Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Nothing says "I'm done being depressed" like a blog makeover, right?

Yeah, it was time. Although, I really liked my last template, much in the way I liked that white-washed Mickey Mouse sweatshirt I got at Disneyland more than a decade ago, the one that, admittedly, makes me look a tad bit like I stepped out of a time capsule from 1986. But now that I have a daughter who's old enough kind enough to point out all the dumpy/frumpy things in my closet in her spare time, I have since retired my favorite sweatshirt. Come to think of it, this kid is also responsible for the new layers in my hair. And that lighter shade of lip liner I recently purchased. In fact, said daughter is the one who told me that I needed to update my blog. "Put a little rouge on its cheeks," she said. "Run a comb through its hair, Mom. Throw it in the dryer for a few minutes. SOMETHING." Which blows me away because I didn't realize she was looking at my blog regularly enough to get embarrassed by it.

So this one's for you, sweet child. FYI, I couldn't find any of the free templates with Justin Timberlake OR Paul Frank Monkeys in the background. I'm sure they're out there, but Googling for four hours is bordering on excessive, don't you think? Maybe next year. 'Cuz Lordy knows I can't jack with the template again for a good 12 months, kiddo!

Speaking of my sweet child, I was over at MHM today discussing her HAIR and the dangerous ways in which she'd like to destroy it.

Thank you, blog friends, for helping me up from the couch. I needed that. Although you are ALL welcome to join me there ANYTIME. Just call first so I can prepare some more popcorn.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 comments:

  1. ahhhhhhhh!
    you said rouge!
    you said rouge!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a lovely new makeover it is! Glad to hear things are on the up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your new look. And the hair story is great too. I often have those three days later thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I ever say rouge I guess I just say blush. But the place looks great...smashing really!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the newness of you site...
    Clean, bright,cool, beautiful and full of promise...
    Just like the blogger...

    My daughter will ask me to stop putting my hair up in the half pony tail...
    It is fine for school, but not when we are in public...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the new blog look. It is simple, clean and cool. Good choice. :)

    Having fashion conscious daughters is blessing and curse. Mostly blessing, I think, because it keeps us from being frumpy and boring! Yay, Miss Toni!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it awesome that we have our girls to keep US in line? hehe! Great new look. Makeovers are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice look - it is cool and calming.

    ReplyDelete

 
designed by suckmylolly.com