I was giving out ancient family secrets at MHM today. (Not to worry, bro, I didn't tell anyone about our crochet parties. Or The Teddy Bear Picnics.) And, as you might deduce by the title of this post, it has a little something to do with mental irregularities. Mostly mine. Possibly others. But it's REALLY about being okay with crazy. Although I'd like to believe that with each blog post a couple more of my brain cells come over to the sane side. Hope springs eternal.
But just like Kyra who is tenaciously working on the pooping-in-the potty issue, I'm constantly taking one steps forward and two steps back in the reaching Zen department. My sanity would be so much closer to fruition if, for example, a leaky toilet hadn't ruined a perfectly good bathroom floor this past weekend. OR Toni hadn't gotten sick all over the passenger side of my vehicle as I glided across ice-covered roads with the grace of an inebriated chicken. If I could JUST take a decent Christmas program picture, I'm positive my sanity would be obliged to rise a notch or two.
OR my wallpaper removal project wasn't so unrelenting.
But, contrary to what I sound like here, I'm not TOTALLY allergic to the bright side. I do realize I'm creating funky art in this wallpaper removal process.
And just look at Emma. She's so darn photogenic when she wants to be, isn't she?
And Jonah makes the best Christmas trees, hands down.
And I've got friends who are going straight to heaven.


So onwards and upwards in the sanity department!
Thursday, December 20, 2007
You say idiosyncrazy, I say idiosyncrasy
Posted by
Catherine
at
9:39 PM
Labels: Mile High Mama, Mom Issues, Picturehappy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Hey, I think the Christmas program picture is great! Cool effect! How long did it take you to perfect that technique? ;-)
ReplyDeleteAre you using anything but elbow grease to remove the wallpaper? If not, go to a Home Depot or Lowe's, or even a local Ace or True Value. there are tools and solutions that will make it much easier!
Emma is adorable!! And Jonah's tree ... definitely the best! The others are borrrrrrrinnnnnng!
Congratulations on the awards! Wow!
Congrats on your nominations, you hot mama you!!! (And ps...Emma is QUITE the looker!)
ReplyDelete