Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Like near beer, decaf coffee, and mullets...

If you read this, then you know that two weeks ago I helped Allan decorate his fake tree. Now that we are snowed in and I can't go to work (or even my mailbox for that matter), I'm finally getting around to decorating my own. Those who are the least bit confused as to why my sweet husband and I have separate trees to decorate, see this post for more information. Toni asked if she could string the popcorn this year. It's normally my job to string the popcorn because it involves a needle and, well... popcorn. So after a few deep breaths and mutterings of disappointment, I decided I could live with the fact that my daughter is growing up and can possibly handle a needle and thread... and a bowl of my favorite food. But here's where I am forced to put my foot down. She's informed me that she'd like to hear Rupert Holmes' Pina Colada song while stringing the popcorn. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't we supposed to be roasting chestnuts by an open fire, letting it snow snow snow, falala-ing, having ourselves a merry little Christmas? Who decorates their tree to someone singing about making love at midnight in the dunes of the cape? My teeth chatter just thinking about it.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

  1. I've never been snowed in anywhere. It must be an interesting feeling-good and bad. I hope your holidays are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No no child, no Pina colodas at Christmas...it must be songs about Eggnog. Maybe Grandma got ran over by a reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe, just maybe, Toni has aspirations of living in Florida???

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey lady! marcie told me you said hola awhile back! so right back atcha!
    i think the pina colada song sounds great! did you play it? that song is near and dear to my heart. i think it's perfect for christmas. why the hell not?
    have a new blog. come see me. just started up again. still really bad about making the rounds. oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's just wrong. I'll send you more appropriate Xmas music if I have to.

    ReplyDelete

 
designed by suckmylolly.com