Sunday, June 24, 2007

Meet my new babysitter... the internet

Summer flu is becoming something of a tradition in this house. But thanks the wonder that is Imagination Cubed I was able to lay on the couch like a dead cockroach all belly up and lifeless, while this new internet toy kept a couple of small children from putting small rocks in their ears this weekend. Interestingly enough, I was REWARDED for my parental neglect with some raw burger. Wanna see?



I don't know... maybe it's tongue under a microscope? Pink maggots?

But then they got bored with Imagination Cubed because, honestly, there's only so many gorgeous pictures of strange things you can make. So they moved on to 20 Questions where they were utterly AMAZED with the internet's uncanny ability to guess every potion/prefect/ insignificant, hard-to-remember MUGGLE that J.K. Rowling ever created in the history of Harry Potter.

But several hours later when they were absolutely convinced that they couldn't win the computer because it really did know everything everything EVERY. THING. about Harry Potter, they decided to move on to pumpkin carving. In the middle of summer. Because "it's too hot" to ride bikes. And they "already did" all their chores. And reading a book was making them "sleepy." And talking about it hurt my eyeballs... so why the hell not, you know?

And it went on and on like that as I lay on my death couch for a few days, getting up occasionally to toss them some leftovers, listening to them rave about their scary creations and whine about their inability to outwit an inanimate object.

I'm better now. Thank you, internet gods, for your patience. Your creativity. Your cheap rates. And for creating Stumbleupon where I found all these neat kid toys. I owe you a nice big.... credit card purchase. Yes, I think that sounds quite befitting.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

  1. Nuthin' helps one get over a flu like raw burger! Mmmmmm....

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am clicking over and bookmarking immediately. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the whole state is sick. And I'm bookmarking too!

    (my first comment on here! Hi!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey...we have the same babysitter! I'll have to remember to get these links. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

 
designed by suckmylolly.com