Antonia has informed me tonight that she thinks our home is haunted by ghosts that would like to lure her from her bed and have her avenge their murders because, see, they are ghosts and henceforth cannot avenge their OWN murders... that would make them poltergeists which, evidently, they are not. So they MIGHT need her services. You know, because she's so innocent-looking and who would suspect her as a night-wandering vengeance seeker? The ONLY way to prevent such a tragedy is to sleep with the door open... the light on... aaaannnd... maybe in my bed??
My question to you is: Now, why can't I make this kind of stuff up?!
I'd kinda told myself that I wouldn't blog until I had a comfortable amount of NaNoWriMo words stashed away in my story. And, while my word level is nowhere near comfortable (think stilettos and a thong... at a busy mall... in Wisconsin somewhere), I thought I'd give a progress update anyway because the ever-sweet Jenny from Something Interesting asked about those Ds that I'd promised and I'm just tickled that someone gives a rat's cracker... as my Emma would say.
So here is what I have so far:
Title: The Art of Avoiding Pain.
Genre: Literary Fiction. (haha, yeah, whatever.)
Word count: To the left there... the graph that shows I've made little to no progress this weekend.
And I'd give you an excerpt except that I have nothing to share with the world JUST YET... well, I do, but I fear that you would forever be blinded by the foaming-at-the-mouth BADNESS. And I don't mean bad in the good or phat or even the shiznitty kind of way. It's just bad bad BAD, like political ads and Happy Meal toys and the last episode of Seinfeld... as all my first drafts tend to be. I will share some of this novel with you once it starts to actually sound like a novel, and not a Weird Al Yankovic song... as much as I love Weird Al.
PS: Go Julie and Trudy!! You guys are doing EXCELLENT!
Sunday, November 05, 2006
NaNoWriMo -- Day Fine, I mean Five. No really, I'm fine
Posted by
Catherine
at
8:43 PM
Labels: NANOWRIMO, on writing, Weird Al
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


so here's your motivation: If you win NanoWrimo, I'll strut my wigglier-than-jello ass through a mall of your chice in wisconsin wearing nothing but stilettos and a thong.
ReplyDeleteGO! GO! GO!!!!!!!!!!
write write go!!
ReplyDeletea) i'm sure it isn't as bad as you think
b) get your child to write it
and c) if you can't do that, then try and tap into either your childish imagination and write for that point of view. or just be frankly, eye wateringly honest about things....seems to work!
I had to laugh at the comfort level of a thong and stilettos in a busy mall. Ouch!
ReplyDeleteGo writing, go writing!
Yoooou can doooo it!
ReplyDeleteheres some encouragement coming your way!
ReplyDeleteDoc, either you have no confidence in my deadline-meeting abilities or no confidence in the knowledge that I would PAY YOUR WAY to Wisconsin for that! It's ON, woman!!
ReplyDeleteI like B, Buttons. Only I've already asked her and she wants hard cash in return. Kids!
Dahling, I have every confidence in you. Really I do. But this just goes to show what lengths I would go to to have a trip back to the states and pick up a little sanity, especially now that you've so kindly offered to pay my way.
ReplyDeleteSo you go write, hon, and I shall take off and try to find a thong to fit my arse in this godfrosaken country of tiny people...
"My question to you is: Now, why can't I make this kind of stuff up?!"
ReplyDeleteHEEEELLLLLLLLOOOOOO?!?!?!? So write your kids' stories, and embelish as you choose!
You're gonna make it! Don't you always feel this was with deadlines? When I HAVE to have something completed by a certain date, my head is as blank as a cloudless New Mexico sky. then, when it doesn't matter, I can write with such verocity that you'd think me possessed! It's OK, you are normally pressured, as good writers usually are! Hugs!!
In all seriousness, Doc, I never doubted your faith in me. I just had to acknowledge the fact that I would pay good money to drag your ass from France to the cheese capital of the world, if nothing else, to say YES, someone else is ALMOST as crazy as I am!! :) We must do this before you are too pregnant to fly, luv.
ReplyDeletei've been thong shopping....
ReplyDeleteJust let her tell you what to write. It would be the best of both worlds.
ReplyDeleteI give a rat's cracker. Double overhead hand hold high five. You go girl.
ReplyDeleteAntonia's story would make a great comic book heroine.
ReplyDeleteI wonder where she gets here creativity from? Hmmmm............
You're doing great! I just ignore my children, that's all. They could be full of fantastic ideas like Antonia, but I'm too busy typing furiously.
ReplyDeleteI would totally buy Antonia's book. She's got your gift for storytelling!
ReplyDeleteAntonia and my daughter are soul sisters that is for sure!
ReplyDeleteI could not stop laughing at Doc's comment...
So when you win...
I am so looking forward to the pics of Doc in the mall with the 'thong and stilettos' at a busy amll in Wisconsin... nice imagery that you have started here Catherine to be topped with doc's
'wigglier-than-jello ass????' I snorted....
Can not wait to read the beginnings of the novel...
GOOOOOOO CATHERINE!!!!!!