I like astrology. There, I said it. I LIKE astrology. But let me renege on that just a little. I don't just like any astrology. I like GOOD astrology. You might say I'm an astrology snob. It needs to be sufficiently vague and whimsical with a smidgen of optimism. Not too much! Or you've done broken the spell and lost me. I subscribe to this guy's newsletter because he's as profound as Homer's Ilead and and yet funnier than a good fart joke. You can't have one without the other if you want me to take your seriously. Kind of ironic, I know. But speaking of ironic, what I like best about astrology, isn't so much what it tells me about ME. (It rarely seems to pertain.) I'm more intrigued by what astrology tells me about OTHERS. 'Cause God knows theirs are ALWAYS right. Last week's newsletter, for example:
LEO (July 23-Aug. 22): Here's some advice I bet you won't get from any
other astrologer, therapist, or counselor: Get *ungrounded* for a while.
You heard me, Leo. Detach from your moorings. Sail up into the
stratosphere and exult in having your head in the clouds. Be dreamy and
floaty and airy-fairy (except when driving or operating heavy machinery,
of course). For best results, you might also want to throw off your chains.
"Airy-fairy"... I'm sorry, but that is SO for you, Leo!
Monday, October 16, 2006
It's all about YOU
Posted by
Catherine
at
11:08 PM
Labels: a whole lotta nothin', My Reality Checker
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I love astrology as well. It is sort of a guilty pleasure. I don't want to take it seriously but sometimes it is right on. I wonder what it is about reading a horoscope or going to a psychic?
ReplyDeleteAstrology is alot like pharmaceutical commercials....you can always make it apply to you. (Especially if it mentions the lottery!)
ReplyDeleteI'm a leo, an airy fairy one? Not sure. ;)
No wonder I like you so much, Shpprgrl! A big fan of the Leos here. Yes, in general, Leos are NOT airy-fairy. Hence the guidance to be more floaty and dreamy and featherbrained like me. ;) I truly need more Leos in my life.
ReplyDeleteastrologyzone.com has THE BEST monthly horoscopes!
ReplyDeleteI KNEW it was Rob Brezsny before I even clicked on the link!!! IS HE NOT BRILLIANT?
ReplyDeleteIf you're a fan of astrology, please stay tuned for my 8-year old daughter's version. Possibly funnier than a fart joke.
ReplyDeleteThat really sounds like good advice to the Leo I know. You would think my Mom has cement in her shoes she's so grounded.
ReplyDelete