Monday, April 10, 2006

Another list

My dad’s blood clots are taking up all the space in my brain that would normally be whisking up witticisms and profundity at best, another hackneyed writer’s crisis or the latest “Kyra almost choked to death!” drama at worst. But as it stands, his bruises and headaches and hospitalization are occupying my every spare thought and, therefore, I cannot blog adequately about any of the following:

-Emma — the finest patient God ever created
-Jonah’s take on a mountain’s many uses
-Antonia’s difficulty in figuring out who she really looks like
-A fly on the wall
-Alternatives to Sex
-Why I would STILL like to visit Scotland
-And why I won’t for a very long time
-Green, the color I love to hate, or hate to love

Anyway, consider yourselves saved… for now. Meanwhile, if you have a spare minute, shoot a prayer out to the universe, that it imparts me with a little more time with the world’s greatest keeper of historical trivia. Thanks.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

  1. my best to you and your family. happy belated birthday to your beautiful Kyra! great reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the good thoughts and white light going out in your direction. I wish him the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just started visiting your blog so I feel like an intruder commenting on such an intimate post, but wanted to share that my dad was hospitalized for some serious injuries about 9 months ago and blood clots were also a concern. It was a terrible time, but he pulled through and is doing much better now. I'm wishing you and your dad much strength.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your Daddy get's better soon and that you go to Scotland sooner than later:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mean "gets". And since you are a writer those mistakes probably drive you nuts!

    ReplyDelete

 
designed by suckmylolly.com