Let’s see here, I think I’m hitting my third week of the latest round of revising. Yes, THIRD. As in Donald Trump’s latest marriage. Or the base most thirteen-year-old boys yearn to reach. Or the power to which my stress level is rising.
But it’s a good stress, the kind that gives you a stomach full of Volkswagen Beetle-sized butterflies. And yet the Queen of Revisions is ready to move on. I'm excited to look square into the center of one of those Advanced Reader Copies (ARCs as they say in the biz, yes indeed), and to feel a sense of relief that it has made it to the next milestone. I, too,YEARN, like those thirteen-year-old boys I mentioned. But my yearning is to see my cover. And, actually, not just see it; I want to FONDLE it. I want to fan myself with the pages inbetween where my long chain of words that I created while having babies, then going through a divorce, then remarrying and having more babies, will finally guide you to a meaningful and oh-so-fulfilling conclusion. An aside: I still don’t know how this happened. But it did. Somehow. Miraculously. To me!
AND NOW I MUST FINISH.
Thursday, February 02, 2006
MUST FINISH REVISING
Posted by
Catherine
at
3:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 strokes of genius:
Post a Comment