Girls. All five of you that are still with me... You HAVE to read this incredible piece of relevance!!
So, instead of fretting and poll watching and sitting on my hands in order not to continue proselytizing my politics on my blog, I have joined the rest of my family in becoming productive. I went down to my local Democratic Headquarters to see what I could do for my candidate of choice, and do you know what they did?? They went and made me the Canvass DIRECTOR. I have actual RESPONSIBILITIES.
To say that I am scared would be like saying that I am kind of obsessed right now. It's the mother of all understatements.
But Irene is helping me. This is the girl who canvassed in freaking COMPTON and rubbed elbows with DEEBO. You remember Deebo??
It's CRAZY.
So if she can do THAT, then I think I can do a little coordinating to reach them sporadic voters and pursuadables. Plus, look at my mom... she is phone banking for Obama IN SPANISH. My OTHER sisters are making calls and fliers, too. My dad is keeping Irene The Paid Staffer abreast of all that is newsworthy and poll-related since she is working twelve-hour shifts and too crazy-busy to read up on that stuff herself. So I had to do SOMETHING, too.
What do they say? The family that campaigns together stays together?? Yeah, well, close enough.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Wherein I continue to preach to my choir
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Excellent article! I am inspired. I feel like there isn't much I can do from Chicago, the heart of Obama Country, but even I can help!
ReplyDeleteAnd congrats on your new responsibilities! That's fantastic!
LOL LOL!!! I had just finished venting to Irene that I am actually losing sleep over this! As a teacher it is "unethical" to campaign for a candidate....so it is really difficult to hear bogus reasons for voting for McCain or as Dad calls him McLiar. I have to do my campaigning after hours. Thank God for volunteers and community organizers!
ReplyDeleteI know you need the added responsibility like you need another hole in your head, but at the same time .... GOOD FOR YOU!!
ReplyDelete