Sunday, October 26, 2008

Heads Up

I know I am infamous for making grand pronouncements and then not sticking to them, but this one should turn out to be true. I am going to be spending the next week and one day living in two places... work and the Democratic Headquarters. So if I don't respond to your emails in a timely manner, please know that I still love you. If it makes you feel any better, I'm going to be blowing off ALL my beloveds -- you know... eating and sleeping, writing and websurfing... even the kids and the husband are gonna have to pretend that they miss me.

I had one last hurrah online tonight, though, before COMPLETELY giving up all my free time to the next president.

THIS is worth reading.

And THIS was worth a good cry... Who knows, though. Maybe it had more to do with a certain fruity mixed drink (or two) and the impending visit from Aunt Flo.

And THIS just makes me swoon reflexively. I really don't CARE whether he knows what he's saying or not.

So LATER, if November 4th ever decides to grace us with its presence, I would like to show you the copy of my book. Maybe a dramatic picture of it in my clammy MAN HANDS! And maybe I'll show you a picture of some of my new volunteer friends. And maybe I'll even give you a glimpse of my Halloween costume (HINT: It is NOT political.).

I know you wait with bated breath for these things, but you'll just have come back. PLEASE. COME BACK.

OH! Before I forget, I'll be at Mile High Mamas on the 28th (as in October), talking about The Eccentric otherwise known as MY POPS. Maybe if you read about HIM you'll understand a little bit more about ME. I make no promises, though.

So we're off to make history. Wish us luck!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

  1. Those Obama photos are just incredible. It makes me even more proud to support this incredible candidate.

    Good luck with your work for the campaign! I eagerly await your return to blogging on November 5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, the Spanish ad was amazing. My Spanish is really rusty, but his pronunciation is pretty damn good, IMO!

    Also, check out the technology bullet in my post here for more Spanish coolness.

    http://www.greeblemonkey.com/2008/10/updated-top-10-reasons-to-barack-vote.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is only a week left, right? Because the suspense is killing me.

    There is something about the election on French TV almost every night, to Palin's hunting techniques to the Bible belt homeschoolers (who scare the living beejeezus out of me, honestly... Though Palin freaks me out too. I still cannot imagine how someone who sounds like she is barely educated when she speaks "off script" is turning heads. A VP who is just like me? WTF? No!)

    Am I digressing again? Sorry.

    How wonderful that you can get involved and really do something. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do wish you luck. Really I do. You, and all your (American) people.

    I cannot wait to see your book.

    Do you really have MAN HANDS? I am so sensitive about mine I cannot even watch that Seinfeld episode.

    Random note: I love it when the verification word sounds like an actual word? Today it's "molitram". Doesn't that sound like a medication?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Trudy, I think I do. Allan says I'm just full of crap, but I think it's his job to say that, right?

    Molitram..... It's the night before election. It sounds like a drug I could especially use TONIGHT.

    ReplyDelete

 
designed by suckmylolly.com