Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The first commandment of The San Luis Valley: Thou Must Be Outside Come July

Did you know that it was still freezing at night here last month (June, to be sure)? Of course you didn't. That's the thing about this crazy place, nobody KNOWS, not even Global Warming.

Let me go on the record and say that that's actually not true. Maybe .05% of the population know, and I'm pretty sure they are all under the age of 18. And Japanese. I recently took my kids to The Sand Dunes just down the road and there were three or four buses unloading these young tourists. I'm guessing they somehow got wind of The Secret of The SLV And It's Apprehension About Warming Up because they came at the absolutely right time. Which is NOW. I'm telling you, it is SO. BEAUTIFUL. And worth the trip from Japan. Or Maui, for that matter. Seriously.

So as you can imagine, blogging is probably going to be spotty over the next couple of weeks (because God knows I'm usually NOT spotty) so that I can get the most bang for my buck before the warm-weather lease runs out. Meanwhile, allow me direct you to Mile High Mama's where I expound on this lovely situation.

Still have lots of information to disburse, but I'll do it when I get back from camping!!

Happy July!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

 
designed by suckmylolly.com