Every so often, I do a “Why my husband is better than yours” kind of post. Not because of an imagined obligation stemming from my guilt over forgetting to wish him a happy Groundhog’s Day. And not because he recently paid me one of the best compliments of all time when he said that I was hot physically AND mentally. No, I do these posts when I’m struggling to contain the love fest that goes on in my heart when he makes a ten-gallon vat of homemade chicken soup on a weekend and puts it into small containers and freezes it so I’ll have lunch meals throughout the month of May. Or when he sneaks some cash into my pocket and whispers, “Ice cream’s on you today, baby.” Actually, what REALLY makes me want to give him some mega-public lovin’ is when he surprises me with the ultimate means of thoughtfulness... a gift that he will be hard-pressed to top. He's just informed me that I am getting THIS:
Not the girl, but the little blue genie lamp nose-watering thingamajig. Yes,I found and married a man who knows the way to an allergy-suffering woman’s heart.


I swear you crack me up but you know what? I have one and love it! It has kept me from having a sinus infection for over two years and I was always on some kind of antibiotic. My doc had me do it when I was younger and I went back to it. If I felt one coming on....out comes the little pot. It hurts like a bitch but it is worth not getting the bad infection!
ReplyDeleteOh Dear Me :)
ReplyDeleteHere I was sitting reading your post thinking perhaps you have the most thoughtful husband ever and then this picture...too funny! Imagine being the model for that ad campaign.
Seriously though, I am a big sufferer of the ole sinus infection, so I still think you have perhaps the most thoughtful husband ever.
BTW - I am with you on the Wordpress considerations - Grrrr, Blogger. If only I knew how to transfer my blog over, I woudl do it. I have read all the infor and...oh I am seriously hopeless when it comes to computers.
Now...there ain't nothing hotter than THAT! I don't even HAVE sinus problems and I'm considering buying one!
ReplyDeleteStrauss - As for the wordpress move...I'm in the process of moving myself and Wordpress makes it really pretty simple. I'm NOT internetically inclined and I've managed to do ok. (Though ask me how I feel next week!)
Wow. I was just trying to convince a friend of mine the other day that these things are for real and that they really help sinus congestion and pain. She still sounded skeptical when we got off the phone. I'm going to send her to your blog. Thanks! And love the picture.
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of one of those but I don't think I could do it. Your husband sounds like a sweetie!
ReplyDeleteThat's hot.
ReplyDeleteHow would you keep from drowning? I'll have to ask Deana! ;)
ReplyDeleteHe truly is the gift that just keeps on giving!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to think of a sum of money that would possibly induce me to stick that blue thing up my nose.
ReplyDeleteWhat a romantic guy :)