If you find me by way of catherinedix.com, you may have dropped by here a couple of weeks ago only to be redirected to an “Under Construction” site. Under construction… as in attempting to contort my blog into something that people can use without spewing profanities. Unfortunately, my construction endeavor didn’t meet code and had to immediately desist, lest a masthead fall on somebody’s head while trying to comment. Granted, this was before Trudy gave that stellar recommendation for WordPress. And so I was blindly, albeit with the supposed help of Yahoo, becoming a full-fledged MovableType girl. For hours upon hours, I read their user manual on how to configure and tag and filter and format. Seventeen hours, half a bottle of ibuprofen, and a WHOLE new appreciation for webmasters later, I decided it was time to surrender since the experience was very much like trying to stuff my size 7 foot into a toddler boot. MovableType and I were not a good fit, if you know what I mean. Maybe html code and I are not a good fit. OR maybe anything remotely difficult and I are not a good fit. Whatever the case may be, I called it quits and resolved to fork out some sweet talkin’ and neck nuzzlin’ (NOT related to my flattering last post, by the way) and get my gifted husband to rescue me from further blog construction damage/mental breakdown. (Call me cheap, but I’d rather pay my husband, a webmonkey, in affection than a professional stranger in dollars.) Luckily, Allan can be bought and has agreed to give it a whirl…. WHEN I get the book off the ground. That way he can do everything all at once — homepage, blog, links, yucky manual reading, yadda yadda yadda.
In the meantime, I guess I’m going to continue using my current landlord Blogger. I suppose I shouldn’t bitch about him so much. Rent’s free after all. And he’s fairly easygoing. I just wish I could get him to come fix the leaky roof, replace the shoddy plumbing, leave my kids’ pictures alone and quit screening his phone calls. Is that asking so much??
Monday, May 07, 2007
Blog is a four-letter word
Posted by
Catherine
at
10:45 AM
Labels: Blog Biz, My Reality Checker
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Will keep my fingers crossed for you! I think you will enjoy the move once you finally do it...I know I have! ;)
ReplyDeleteI hear you. I am a computer nong, woudl liek to take my blog to wordpress, but don't get how, at all.
ReplyDelete