I've got the most scorching case of "No Time to Blog!" You know the symptoms, right? Kids start hacking up lungs, husbands start rolling up in balls complaining about how terribly COLD it is in here. And deadlines. UGH. Don't EVEN get me started on deadlines.
But I HAVE to, and I mean HAAAVVVE to share some Jonah conversation with you. Because it's funny. And I don't have time to be creative without the aid of my children. May I present to you Jonah, our resident smartass:
"Mom, will you look at this gull's eyebwows? They awe so pwetty they awe ugly."
Mom looks at the eyebrows and nods in agreement. (It must be noted that we are looking at a photograph, as opposed to a real, live person with feelings.)
"These eyebwows awe so ugly they look like mustaches. They can't be weal."
"I don't know that I'd go that far, bubba."
"Sewiously. I bet she can't sleep at night. I know I couldn't sleep at night with those eyebwows. They would scare me."
I don't know when Jonah became an authority on eyebrows, but I suddenly feel the need to cut bangs. Long ones that brush up against my eyelashes. It doesn't help that I hate my HAIR as much as my eyebrows right now.
Okay, LASTLY, I think the following blog post is a bit of required reading.... MUCH better than this sorry post. I came across it in my blogfeeds a minute ago and went, "Everybody needs to read this!" THE nail has been hit on THE head, and I don't even write for an e-zine like she does.
So. I'll be back when I get my blog groove back on... or when people decide to quit spreading germs. Please don't hold your breath on the latter.
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Kinda like my junk drawer but different
Posted by
Catherine
at
10:02 PM
Labels: a whole lotta nothin', Blog Biz, The wonder that is Jonah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Fake eyebrows? Are they like Groucho Marx eyebrows? Brooke Sheild eyebrows? What are we talking here???
ReplyDeleteI love how children just cut right through all the subterfuge and get to the things that we all thank and would love to blurt out! I'll bet he is weally, weally cute!
ReplyDeleteI'd like to introduce Jonah to my father-in-law. He'd be horrified, but it would give you some fabulous eyebrow-related blog-fodder.
ReplyDeleteHow funny. Eyebrows sometimes scare me too. Mine were scary last week...pre-wax. ;) Hang in there!!
ReplyDeleteUh-oh...he'd better not lay eyes on any photos of my Greek relatives back in Greece. We don't grow eyebrows, we grow Azalea bushes.
ReplyDeleteThe funny thing is, they were nowhere near Azalea bushes! They were more like Salvador Dali's mustache. If they were scary it was only because they looked like they were sitting in middle of this girl's forehead. Very "Deer in the headlights," if you know what I mean.
ReplyDeleteBut we're talking about a boy aspires to be as cutting-edge sarcastic as Simon Cowell. When his sister cut her hair slightly above the shoulders, he told her she looked like George Washington.
Thats pretty funny Catherine. The George Washington thing was even funnier. Hilarious, though sister probably didn't think so.
ReplyDeleteEyebwows seems a much better word for them.
ReplyDeleteSo cute. It's funny how he zero'd in on the eyebrows. Kids never cease to amaze me.
ReplyDeleteLOL thats cute!
ReplyDeleteI love your kid conversations! HE is a mess! Eyebrows of all things.
ReplyDeleteI understand completely about the blogging. I've decided no more this week until Sunday. I need to cut back to no more than 3x a week. If I am posting then I don't have time to read everybody elses I enjoy visiting.