As my first post to this web log, I thought I’d take cue from the recent American Express magazine ads that give you some fun facts about famous people who use A.E., like Kate Winslet and Ken Watanabe. While I'm not trying to plug A.E. here (or Kate and Ken for that matter), I did think it was a clever little ad campaign.
So in the name of sharing, here is a snapshot of the not-exactly-famous-yet moi:
Childhood ambition: To grow up
Fondest childhood memory: If I had to choose just one, I’d have to say it was waking up in a camper shell at five in the morning to the smells of bacon, coffee, pine and the sound of my grandpa's voice.
Soundtrack: Would be mellow and poetic… Simon And Garfunkel… if I had my way. But realistically speaking, you’d hear children laughing and whining, crazy people ranting and raving, and the wind blowing softly in the background.
Retreat: My husband’s arms
Wildest dream: World Peace
Proudest Moment: Aside from the obvious giving birth to my children, it would have to be when I received my first payment for my novel.
Biggest Challenge: Finding the time for it all
Alarm Clock: The morning-soft voice of my husband.
Perfect Day: I have them all the time, but it would include not cooking.
First (paid) Job: Filing death certificates for the City of Deming.
Indulgence: Showers. Suffice it to say that I indulge myself often.
Last Purchase: A car wash
Favorite Movie: Foul Play
Inspiration: The little voices inside my head
My life: Is messy and beautiful and thankfully not over yet.
My card: is American. And, since I'm not gracing the pages of the New Yorker like Kate Winslet, we'll just leave it at that.
Childhood ambition: To grow up
Fondest childhood memory: If I had to choose just one, I’d have to say it was waking up in a camper shell at five in the morning to the smells of bacon, coffee, pine and the sound of my grandpa's voice.
Soundtrack: Would be mellow and poetic… Simon And Garfunkel… if I had my way. But realistically speaking, you’d hear children laughing and whining, crazy people ranting and raving, and the wind blowing softly in the background.
Retreat: My husband’s arms
Wildest dream: World Peace
Proudest Moment: Aside from the obvious giving birth to my children, it would have to be when I received my first payment for my novel.
Biggest Challenge: Finding the time for it all
Alarm Clock: The morning-soft voice of my husband.
Perfect Day: I have them all the time, but it would include not cooking.
First (paid) Job: Filing death certificates for the City of Deming.
Indulgence: Showers. Suffice it to say that I indulge myself often.
Last Purchase: A car wash
Favorite Movie: Foul Play
Inspiration: The little voices inside my head
My life: Is messy and beautiful and thankfully not over yet.
My card: is American. And, since I'm not gracing the pages of the New Yorker like Kate Winslet, we'll just leave it at that.


0 strokes of genius:
Post a Comment