Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Wait! I'm not Weady Yet

Rocky Raccoon runs ‘round the race track as the crowd ROARRRRS and CHEERRRRRS and reads recipes at recess.

No, I have not cashed in all my sanity chips. Not completely. The above phrase is just one of many things I have repeated over and over since the new year began because my seven-year-old son has resolved to say his Rs better this year. To say that this breaks my heart is like saying Bill Gates is a little well off. You have no idea how this saddens me.

Nothing is sweeter than a little boy looking up at the sky and saying something like, “Mom, I just saw THWEE falling STAHS!” Or upon puking saying, “Don’t CWY, Mommy. I PWOMISE I’ll buy you a new WUG!”

So, this is just a teaster here. If you'd like to read the rest of this woe-est tale of woe give a click over to Mile High Mamas and encourage me to get a gwip. I mean grip.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

  1. One of my favorite Jonah quotes ever was the one about his blood pwesha. So don't look to me to on this one - I'm not weady yet eithuh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's try this again, with my internal spell checker engaged!



    While our growed up brains know it is time for children to lose certain habits, such as being unable to r-r-r-r-roll their r-r-r-r-Rs (or for my baby some 30 years ago, it was sucking her finger), it is sad to see it go away. Your stories about sweet Jonah will never be the same when he succeeds. I will cheer, we all will cheer for him when he says he is r-r-r-ready, but our hearts, with yours, will give tiny silent sobs. :')

    (Shhh. When I remember my girl at 5 yo, I still think of her with that "pointer" in her mouth.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. VEWY cute indeed!

    ReplyDelete

 
designed by suckmylolly.com