I've always been a fan of hyperbole. I was a fan even when I didn't know what the hell hyperbole meant. So when my fair weather friends hear me say, "No, I will not allow my children to build a snowman on this particular day because it's MINUS THIRTY out there," I know they think I'm just being my melodramatic self. Because, it's true, I live in Colorado, not Antarctica.
Or.
Do I?
The forecast is calling for -30 degrees Fahrenheit here on Thursday night. It will only get down to a measly -28 tonight. And Friday? Pfft. It's not even worth mentioning. -27. Beach weather I tell you!
Sorry. Once a hyperbolist, always a hyperbolist. Although I'm so not kidding about the temperatures. But I'm pretty sure hyperbolist is totally my creation.
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Pull up a weather map of Colorado and look for the coldest place. Yes, that's me donning a beautiful ice cube coat
Posted by
Catherine
at
2:20 PM
Labels: Awfulness, Bring it on, Colorado
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Oops! I deleted the wrong one, Lyn!
ReplyDeleteHere's clinking your ice cubes.
ReplyDeleteI still don't know what a hyperbolist is...I am trapsing off to Google.
ReplyDeleteCHWIST that's COLD! (Sorry, I'm still stuck on your son's "r's".) :)
ReplyDeleteI think of you each time I see the weather report. And it reminds me not to kvetch about the balmy weather up here in Denver.
ReplyDeleteWow, that is cold! I'd spend a whole lot of time indoors with temps like that. Thank God for heaters, eh?
ReplyDeleteBrrr..
ReplyDeleteBrrr! Hey, I must apologize for my slacking in the PIF gift area...The note cards will be headed your way soon - I haven't forgotten, life has just been crazy... :)
ReplyDelete