While surfing the net for mental stimulation today, I happened upon a site with this message in it: The universe is conspiring to shower you with blessings.
My cynical side that always wants to snort and say, “Yeah but what about THIS and… and just look at THAT…” just sat there and let it kinda wash over me, sink into the crevices. The UNIVERSE is conspiring to shower you with BLESSINGS…. The universe is CONSPIRING to SHOWER you with blessings… The universe IS conspiring to shower YOU with blessings. I’ll be honest, I decided then and there to copy, paste and make it my personal mantra since I really didn’t have one before. It just seemed like the right thing to do in that moment.
And, people, let me tell you. The wheels have been set in motion! This afternoon, while on my way to the recycling center to drop off the entire contents of my vehicle, I noticed that my car felt a little off balance and was pulling to the right. Then, it started riding rough, like I was on an angry dirt road. It could only mean one or two things… One, my car was suffering from a hangover or, two, we’d just driven into FLAT TIRE CITY.
I know what you’re thinking — So where’s the blessing in that?? The blessing was HERE: I was a block away from a tire shop! Where I was the ONLY customer, and where they didn’t overcharge me or make me buy new tires, AND where they did everything but prop my feet up on a pillow and offer me a neck rub. It was like a mini-spa, but different.
But my blessings didn’t stop there. THE blessing of all blessings came about 6:00 tonight. Emma, who will be two years old next month, pointed to her butt and said, “Poop?”
Me: *a little too anxiously* Do you wanna go potty?!
Emma: *nodding vigorously* POTTY!
We raced to the bathroom and got there just in time for the big event. This had happened once before, like back in October, but only by accident. It was during a time when I was asking her if she wanted to go potty on the hour, every hour, offering her cheese and crackers, a smidgen of jellied bread if she would just sit on that toilet. And it worked for a weekend or two (Little Emma loves food as bribery). She’d oblige until her butt decided it needed to go park itself in front of a Pizza Hut commercial with Jessica Simpson swinging her blonde hair in a way that made Emma drool with envy; it just so happened that she pooped for me once during all that sitting.
But this time my girl was on a mission. She smelled smoke and headed for the nearest exit. So YAY FOR EMMA!!!! And, by default, YAY FOR MANTRAS!!
My cynical side that always wants to snort and say, “Yeah but what about THIS and… and just look at THAT…” just sat there and let it kinda wash over me, sink into the crevices. The UNIVERSE is conspiring to shower you with BLESSINGS…. The universe is CONSPIRING to SHOWER you with blessings… The universe IS conspiring to shower YOU with blessings. I’ll be honest, I decided then and there to copy, paste and make it my personal mantra since I really didn’t have one before. It just seemed like the right thing to do in that moment.
And, people, let me tell you. The wheels have been set in motion! This afternoon, while on my way to the recycling center to drop off the entire contents of my vehicle, I noticed that my car felt a little off balance and was pulling to the right. Then, it started riding rough, like I was on an angry dirt road. It could only mean one or two things… One, my car was suffering from a hangover or, two, we’d just driven into FLAT TIRE CITY.
I know what you’re thinking — So where’s the blessing in that?? The blessing was HERE: I was a block away from a tire shop! Where I was the ONLY customer, and where they didn’t overcharge me or make me buy new tires, AND where they did everything but prop my feet up on a pillow and offer me a neck rub. It was like a mini-spa, but different.
But my blessings didn’t stop there. THE blessing of all blessings came about 6:00 tonight. Emma, who will be two years old next month, pointed to her butt and said, “Poop?”
Me: *a little too anxiously* Do you wanna go potty?!
Emma: *nodding vigorously* POTTY!
We raced to the bathroom and got there just in time for the big event. This had happened once before, like back in October, but only by accident. It was during a time when I was asking her if she wanted to go potty on the hour, every hour, offering her cheese and crackers, a smidgen of jellied bread if she would just sit on that toilet. And it worked for a weekend or two (Little Emma loves food as bribery). She’d oblige until her butt decided it needed to go park itself in front of a Pizza Hut commercial with Jessica Simpson swinging her blonde hair in a way that made Emma drool with envy; it just so happened that she pooped for me once during all that sitting.
But this time my girl was on a mission. She smelled smoke and headed for the nearest exit. So YAY FOR EMMA!!!! And, by default, YAY FOR MANTRAS!!


I love the idea of a conspiracy for good. Glad the planets alligned for you and Emma's bowels this week. Yay!
ReplyDeleteThis was hysterical.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm totally stealing your mantra.
Wow. A Nice tire shop? Normally I walk into one of those and I swear I hear "FRESH MEAT" called out.
ReplyDeleteI resist the urge to start swearing loudly just to let the fellas know - I ain't a lad-ee.
And hurrah for the potty pooping. Here's to a un broken streak.
Lucky you. Potty training sounds like it's gonna be easy for you. Me? I've trained 3, got 1 left, and I'm still not sure how to do it.
ReplyDelete