As loudly as EF Hutton, you, my readers, have spoken. Unfortunately, I don’t have the doctorate that qualifies me as a true listener… you know, the kind of listener that can actually go, "Hmm... I see. Well, now, let me pull out my handy-dandy 'script pad and send you off with a cure for that little problem!" More than likely, it wasn’t my readers at all, but rather some sick, lurking, desperate human beings searching through the night for a miracle of sorts. I know this. I have been you. Actually, I still AM you at least ten times out of the year, surfing through the web on a magic Google ride, stopping at URL after URL, only to fly away disappointed at the end of the night due to the lack of knowledge or pictures or INSTANT GRATIFICATION out there. In other words, a cure! I thought it was just me. I had no idea how many of you were out there. Last month alone, I got blog hits from people in search of:
Seeping tonsils
Cryptic tonsils
Cryptic tonsils pictures
Cryptic tonsil laser (What?)
Heal cryptic tonsils
Irritated tonsil poking
And my favorite… sore, shrunk tonsil.
Someone was googling for help with their poor wittle sore, shrunk tonsil! But they came to the wrong place. Because, while mine are sore and seeping and cryptic and irritated, my tonsils are most definitely NOT little or shrunk. “Quit calling them tonsils. Those things are TESTICLES,” Allan says. They are hung like inflated blowfish. Blowfish that have been hooked and thrown back out to sea a time or two. Blowfish that have been shot at with bullets and hit by large fishing boats and swallowed by frenzied shark and then spewed back out again to wander the oceans in search of a happy ending to their miserable existence. I blogged about it once. And all it took was that one post to create a shiny light of false hope out there. Sorry. To all who stumbled here in search of answers to your icky tonsils dilemma, let me know when you find one! To be honest, I don't care. I don't want to hear about this lizard oil you rub on your tonsils three times a week to make them shrivel up and die. I don't want to read a ten-page pamphlet on how to practice breathing exercises after gargling with lemon juice and Vodka... on second thought... NO, NO NO, just give me the name of a surgeon who’s willing to remove an adult pair of throat testicles. One that isn’t a veterinarian or located in the far corners of southeast Asia. I’m scheduled to go see ANOTHER doctor in two weeks, hopefully one that’s stoic enough to take some scissors to the back of my throat and castrate me. This is my last post on being sick, I swear to you. At least until I can happily report that I’m finally going under the the influence of some serious drugs and a very sharp knife.
Next time on the Revolting Blog otherwise known as On the Banks of the Rio Grande: Out of control ‘shrooms and how you’re supposed to politely ask your neighbor to eradicate them (or... you know, share) before they start impeding upon the view of the mountains.
Seeping tonsils
Cryptic tonsils
Cryptic tonsils pictures
Cryptic tonsil laser (What?)
Heal cryptic tonsils
Irritated tonsil poking
And my favorite… sore, shrunk tonsil.
Someone was googling for help with their poor wittle sore, shrunk tonsil! But they came to the wrong place. Because, while mine are sore and seeping and cryptic and irritated, my tonsils are most definitely NOT little or shrunk. “Quit calling them tonsils. Those things are TESTICLES,” Allan says. They are hung like inflated blowfish. Blowfish that have been hooked and thrown back out to sea a time or two. Blowfish that have been shot at with bullets and hit by large fishing boats and swallowed by frenzied shark and then spewed back out again to wander the oceans in search of a happy ending to their miserable existence. I blogged about it once. And all it took was that one post to create a shiny light of false hope out there. Sorry. To all who stumbled here in search of answers to your icky tonsils dilemma, let me know when you find one! To be honest, I don't care. I don't want to hear about this lizard oil you rub on your tonsils three times a week to make them shrivel up and die. I don't want to read a ten-page pamphlet on how to practice breathing exercises after gargling with lemon juice and Vodka... on second thought... NO, NO NO, just give me the name of a surgeon who’s willing to remove an adult pair of throat testicles. One that isn’t a veterinarian or located in the far corners of southeast Asia. I’m scheduled to go see ANOTHER doctor in two weeks, hopefully one that’s stoic enough to take some scissors to the back of my throat and castrate me. This is my last post on being sick, I swear to you. At least until I can happily report that I’m finally going under the the influence of some serious drugs and a very sharp knife.
Next time on the Revolting Blog otherwise known as On the Banks of the Rio Grande: Out of control ‘shrooms and how you’re supposed to politely ask your neighbor to eradicate them (or... you know, share) before they start impeding upon the view of the mountains.
They blend in with the leaves. So click the pic for a better view. Come on, you know you want to.
Maybe if had some of those 'shrooms than you wouldn't care about your tonsils anymore, or maybe you would... or maybe they would just fall out?
ReplyDeleteFinally! Someone who has tonsils as big as I do! My tonsils are HUGE. Or so says my dentist and every other poor soul who's had to look into my mouth. They can't believe I've gotten by in life with tonsils so big. (Or maybe I should be calling them testicles.)
ReplyDeleteEW! We have extra large testicles in our mouths. EW!
p.s. i feel much closer to you now that we've shared some of our testicle war stories.
ReplyDeleteI'm older than you. When I was a child, almost everyone had their tonsils and adenoids out. I still remember the horrible experience of being put to sleep-this was before they injected IV meds as they do now, but you had to breath the horrible gas-and how it hurt when I woke up. I must say, I seldom get sore throats. I'm an old OR nurse and I've seen my share of adults come in to get their tonsils removed. I'm sure you will find someone who will do it. Are you near a big city?
ReplyDeleteSuch was stories...and to end it with extra large 'shrooms...
ReplyDeletewhat a trip lady, what a trip....
dude tonsils and me got some issues. last year i had tonsilitus. 1st time i've had a problem with them. i still have them in but i dread if i get another bout of that. it was awful! i feel for ya
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun, creative writer you are. I am visiting from Shopgirls and really was impressed and entertained!
ReplyDeleteWaya, something tells me these are not edible. But you're right, mushroom soup sounds absolutely delectable right now.
ReplyDeleteFrom your mouth to God's ear, Boogiemum. What I would give for these tonsils to fall out by way of mushrooms.
MotR, I feel connected to you on a whole 'nother level. But mostly because you made me fall out of my chair with laughter.
Not too big a city, Linda. And I'm surrounded by gun-shy doctors here. Or knife-shy, as it were.
Thank you, Becky and Deana. You are sweethearts.
I'm totally trippin', Pendullum... unfortuntately it's mostly on the toy-strewn floor.
I TOTALLY want a cryptic tonsil laser.
ReplyDeleteThose kid quotes just about had me on the floor. But two weeks to see a doc who'll turn you into an oral eunuch? How are you self-medicating in the meantime?
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah - what's up with the 'shrooms this year? Is it because the weather's been wetter than usual?
Aaaahhhh! Attack of the multiplying shrooms! At least they aren't the penis shaped ones.
ReplyDeleteAnd I never knew there were so many words to describe tonsils. I'm glad mine are gone.
may your testicle, er, tonsil dilemma be solved soon.
ReplyDeletep.s. re: the funny. the funny is strong with you, my friend. use it wisely. use it well.
(I just mixed up way too many action-adventure films into that last thought. because, I, unlike you, do not possess a master's skill re: the funny.)
You had me at Throat Tonsils.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was a kid I was desperate to have my tonsils out because the story was you were forced to eat nothing but ice cream when recuperating.
ReplyDeleteThat picture is calling me to click.on.that.link.
ReplyDeleteWhere in the h.e.double.toothpicks did you evah find that?
:)
Yes, I am back and here to say that I am obviously blind as a bat. (Even with my cute frames.)
ReplyDeleteI was wondering where did she find a pic with a pile of 'em?
Oh yeah, that's what a 'shroom is!
:)